The Coalition for Nonprofit Equity is a collective of more than 600 community-based nonprofit organizations in Washington, DC. Members of the Coalition share a common goal- ensuring all DC residents have access to the vital community-based services and supports they need to not only survive, but thrive.
Thank you to Lois & Richard England Family Foundation, Prince Charitable Trust, and Oakpoint Foundation who provided funding to support the work of the Coalition.
To join the Coalition, please email: email@example.com
Lori Kaplan, Community Leader | Gretchen Van der Veer, Fair Chance
Kim Perry, DC Action | Deborah Shore, Sasha Bruce
Nechama Masliansky, So Others Might Eat (SOME)
Scott Bruton and Melissa Millar, The Coalition for Nonprofit Housing & Economic Development (CNHED)
Adam Maier, Pathways to Housing DC
CURRENT ADVOCACY EFFORTS
Implementation of Nonprofit Fair Compensation Act
- With the help of Councilmember Nadeau, $1.2M was added to the 2023 Youth Homlessness Grants in the DHS budget to cover additional indirect costs.
- The Steering Committeee is meeting monthly with the DC Director of the Office of Contracting and Procurement and the Assistant City Administrator Lindsey Parker.
- Engagement with Chief Equity Officer Amber Hewitt.
- Advocacy with Mayor to direct Agencies to implement the Act.
- Educate Nonprofits on their rights under the Act and how to calculate indirect cost rates (see resources below).
REFERENCES & RESOURCES2021 Performance Oversight Hearing Preparation Materials
PRIOR TESTIMONY & ADVOCACY EFFORTS
- Testimony before the Committee of the Whole (April 8, 2022)
- Testimony before the Committee on Government Operations and Facilities (March 29, 2022)
- Letter to the Director of OCP (March 23, 2022)
- Letter to the Mayor (February 11, 2022)
- Findings of the Indirect Cost Rate Review (January 2022)
- Testimony before the DC Council Committee on Government Operations and Facilities Budget Oversight Hearing (June 8, 2021)
- Testimony Before the DC Council Committee on Facilities and Procurements (January 28, 2020)